Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Day 21 - Just don't give up!

Short Version
Finally moving up from the G team to the PG team!
All because I did not give up!

That headband is completely sweated through. I wear one every practice because if I don't sweat runs in my eyes and I cannot see. But it is so gross.

My favorite treat these days is coconut water after a tough practice. I leave one frozen in my car and it is so hot that it is the perfect thawed slushy-ness when we are done. And I did so awesome today at endurance practice that it was pretty much a group decision that this is my last session as a G skater and I am movin on up to PG.

Tonight when the fastest girls were finishing their 20 laps I was on 16. It used to be that they were finishing and I was on lap 6. They were 14 laps faster than me. Now it is only 4!! That is a crazy amazing increase. I almost can't believe I did it.

The only down side to getting promoted is I have to figure out how to add one more practice a week to my schedule. Maybe the kid will have to come with me sometimes. Maybe it will be worth babysitter money sometimes. But I some way some how have to make it happen. Because I have not come this far to give up now!

So a shout out to my other two G teamers who did not quit!!! You rocked!! You are getting faster!! Just don't quit.

Peace Out - C

No comments:

Post a Comment