Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Day 7 - The first not easy day

Short Version (all positive since Michael nominated me for the say 3 positive things on FB thing)
1. M at least let them do what they needed to do at the dentist.
2. I got a lot of rest today.
3. Tomorrow is going to be a great day! 

I say "not easy" because it was not quite hard. Just not easy. 

This is a picture of me laying in bed feeling a little sorry for myself. I woke up crazy early with a stomach ache. And have been operating at about 60% of my total awesomeness all day. I really hope that the stomach issue is just the intersection of too many hormones and too much stress. 

I was stressed this morning because M had a dentist appointment. She has been having anxiety about everything lately and the dentist in particular. I don't really blame her, she has terrible teeth and has had more dental work in her short life than I could have even imagined. 

She just shuts down and shakes in fear. And I think it tears up my stomach as well as my heart. We are doing all sorts of things to help her cope, she will get to the point of being able to do things without so much drama. But not today. I think it mostly tears me up because she has not always been this way. She used to be so easy breezy. She used to be the kid that was so excited to be at school that she almost never even said good-bye to me. She used to just run off into the crowd and happily start her day, not even looking back at all. She does not do that any more. She shakes and is terrified and clings to me or her dad and will not let go. It breaks my heart because I fear she will miss out on things in life. And it makes me confused because she used to be so brave. But kids change and maybe she will change back. But in the mean time it makes my stomach hurt. 

So after the dentist we watched movies. I fell asleep. And the real sign of me officially and for real not feeling well is me sleeping during the day. And I took 2 naps before 5pm today. Sort of needless to say I am skipping Roller Derby tonight. In this heat I am afraid I would barf or pass out. Neither of which are very dignified. So resting it is. And tomorrow will be better!  


2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy! I'm so stoked that you are taking this "you" project on, providing me with some motivation to do the same, and wanted to congratulate you for being so open about your process.
    I'm married to a vegetarian, so we have no dearth of veggie based recipes! (I still eat it, but less at home.) Anyway, I wanted to share one of our favorites, in the hopes you could get the family to enjoy it too.
    It's an Indian dish that can be served with naan or flat bread. We cut corners and prep time by using canned tomatoes (at least one fire-roasted variety, three regular cans total) and canned jalapenos if we don't have a fresh pepper. Don't skip the cilantro, unless someone has a strong "soap taste" aversion to it - it really brightens the flavors. I'd love to hear how it goes over, if you choose to try it out. http://www.nytimes.com/recipes/1014830/baingan-bharta.html?smid=fb-share
    Best of luck, my friend. -Jaime

    ReplyDelete