Sunday, August 24, 2014

Day 19 - Life!

Short Version
1. So life gets in the way of your plans.
2. You have to kick it in the rear and keep going.
3. We had a great weekend.

Girl Scout Camp selfie. 
M & I went to Girl Scout leader daughter weekend and we had a blast.  First I have to admit that we stayed in a cabin with AC because Mama is not sleeping in a tent in GA in August. Only way that will happen is if Zombies have eaten y'all and I am the only one left. Then I will sleep in a tent in August if needed.

I say life gets in the way because I also have to admit (thank you for the reminder "Gal Pal") that I ate a doughnut on Saturday. Our stove is out and I just could not think and we got doughnuts for breakfast. Oh well.... Revolution Doughnuts makes Gluten Free and Vegan doughnuts. But let's face it they are still doughnuts, so that will be a very occasional treat.

Also I was eating camp food. I am pretty sure it was not vegan. I am pretty sure there was butter in the mashed potatoes and green beans. I had more store bought veggie burgers than I would have liked. But just because I am working on being healthy does not mean every situation will be perfect or easy. But I can say I passed on the peach cobbler and the S'mores so there is something to be said for small victories.

I did not want to go to Roller Derby today, but I did. And I am SO GLAD I did. I totally rocked it! Tara and I were the "couple of you have got this" so here, do something harder. And we did! It was nice to have a practice buddy. We were also partners trying whips and pushes. She was a great partner! Quad said she was going to "go easy" on us, I really want to see what she sees as a full on practice.

Hope you had a great weekend and are getting ready for the week ahead. I am in a bit of a "when it rains it pours" situation and will be pretty busy. But honestly busy makes me happy and keeps my hands out of the cookie jar.

Make good choices!!! The only one stopping you is you!

No comments:

Post a Comment