Sunday, August 17, 2014

Day 12

Short Version
1. It was crazy hot in that warehouse today, but I made it through another practice.
2. I made this amazing Thai rice for dinner. It was delicious.
3. I am getting stronger every day.

Sweaty & Awesome!

It was 90 degrees today and I spent two hours skating in full gear in an un-air conditioned warehouse. I was completely soaked through all my clothes yet again. But I have a new trick that made me feel better after practice. I froze a coconut water and left it in the car to thaw. It was the perfect slushy-ness to drink and cool off and re-hydrate after practice. I highly recommend it for fluid replacement. It does have 70 calories so I will save it for days like this when I really need to replace fluids, but it was good. I also drank two big bottles of water.

For dinner I made a recipe I found here on the "inter-webs", good old Pinterest to be exact. Here is the link: http://blog.hostthetoast.com/thai-cashew-coconut-rice-ginger-peanut-sauce/


I did not use green pepper because hubby is allergic. For the peanut sauce I sadly did not have any fresh ginger, I think it would have been great. But I did add more vinegar and added some soy sauce and more lime juice because I thought the sauce was too think. Hubby also does not like peanut sauce so I left it off of his. I just used a bag of broccoli slaw instead of shredding my own carrots and cabbage. But it was crunchy and tasty. There is plenty left over for me to eat for lunch a couple of days.

Back when I first started Rec League I could barely walk after each practice. Now I barely have any trouble recovering. Which I think means I need to make myself work a little harder. Today I was trying stuff I have been too weak or too scared to do before and I fell about 8 times. One fall a fellow Recker said "that was a great wipe out"! But on another fall I tweaked my left toes and right ankle so I am going to rest them a little tonight. Derby is the kind of sport that you don't give up unless you are like "for REAL" hurt.

My goal for tomorrow is to walk to Jazzercise, well as long as it is not raining I will walk. About two miles each way, with a one hour class. And I found a babysitter for Tuesday so I have to go to endurance practice Tuesday night.

Do something hard tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment