Saturday, August 16, 2014

Day 11

Short Version (all positive since Michael nominated me for the say 3 positive things on FB thing)
1. I survived back to back Jazzercise classes today. 
2. M & I got to spend a couple of hours with two of our favorite friends. 
3. I realized today that I like sticking close to home more than I used to and more than I ever would have imagined. 

Sitting in my "comfy" chair. 
I woke up this morning at about 4:14, and have not been back to sleep since. I used my being awake as motivation to go ahead an hit the 7:15 Strength class at Jazzercise. And then I stayed for the 8:20 class, nothing like dancing to some Snoop Dog, J-Lo, Pit Bull and Miley Cyrus on a Saturday morning. However when the hardest song ever came on again during the 2nd class I did groan. I did not give up, I did not miss a beat. I counted out the 32 squats with an arm fly, I did all the curls and such, and then I counted out the remaining 16 squat/fly's and was very happy for that song to end, again. I was proud of myself for accomplishing this two Saturdays in a row, but I was also happy to head home. 

I hit the shower then kiddo and I met some friends at the park. We walked along this path that is super close to our house but I never even knew existed. Well I had heard of it but never been there. When we have extra time my hubby likes to hop in the car and drive an hour or two away to hike and explore. But honestly I would rather be in the car for ten minutes before doing my exploring. Which is why I really liked what we did today. There are so many things close by that we over look them. 

We spent the afternoon hanging out at home. A neighbor kid came over. I made from scratch muffins and pizza dough. E & M went to the pool with the neighbors. It is sort of amazing how far you can stretch a day when you are enjoying all the things in it. 

I admit pizza with just tomato sauce, zucchini and caramelized onions is not everyone's idea of a great dinner. But I enjoyed it. I think the from scratch dough makes it good enough to not need cheese and pepperoni. However it did smell good on the other pizza I made. 

Today E had just one Pepsi at lunch rather than two. So I guess my healthy eating is rubbing off a little. Tomorrow my only exercise plan is a two hour roller derby practice. I guess that will be enough. But I really hope to get more sleep tonight. 

Do something hard, just to prove you can! 



No comments:

Post a Comment