Thursday, August 14, 2014

Day 9 - I totally killed it today!

Short Version (all positive since Michael nominated me for the say 3 positive things on FB thing)
1. The weather was again amazing, all this sunshine makes me happy. 
2. Got tons of stuff done today! And there is still more day to go! 
3. Got to go to the pool after school with my daughter and our buddies.  


The kid takes the most flattering pictures of me. 
I can't believe how much I got done today before school got out, so here is the list:
  • planned our meals for the next week, sent a bunch of emails and worked on Girl Scout stuff
  • went to a Jazzercise class
  • got my hair done
  • went shopping at 3 different stores and got the groceries for this week's meals (I know it's weird that I start my grocery week on Thursday but I like to make big stuff on the weekend and would rather it be fresh)
  • packed all our pool stuff and snacks 
All of this by 2:15, which is when another mom and I walk up to the school to get our girls. 


So it is August and school is in. The upside is I have time during the day now. The down side is that it is crazy hot! And most of the after school activities don't start for a couple of weeks so there is some afternoon time to fill. One of our friends has a pool at her condo so we hit the pool this afternoon. It was super fun. It is pretty decadent to spend the afternoon swimming. And yes I am bravely posting a picture of myself in a swim suit. I am not sure if it is her height or the angle she holds the camera but I never hate the pictures my sweet girl takes of me. One goal for next summer is to be in good enough shape to confidently wear a swimsuit that does not have a skirt! And I keep reminding myself that everything I do today will impact what type of swimwear I will want to wear next summer. Another goal I have is to feel good wearing shorts! I can tell you from experience an Atlanta summer is a miserable thing. Especially if you do not wear shorts. I wear dresses and capris, but next summer I am going to wear shorts!

I still have dinner to cook, and someone is coming by to bring me some work. So I have miles left to go. But for the first time in a long time I feel up to it. I feel like I want to keep going. For far to long I have been feeling like all I want to do is lie down or watch TV. Now I'm not saying I will never watch TV again, but I will get a lot more done before I do. 

Tomorrow is Friday! Hope you get to do something fun, I know I will. 



No comments:

Post a Comment