Monday, August 11, 2014

Day 6 - Planning is going to be the key.

Short Version (all positive since Michael nominated me for the say 3 positive things on FB thing)
1. Jazzercise was super fun today!
2. My sweet daughter gave me lots and lots of snuggles and kisses today. 
3. I am positive that my new stove will be delivered one day. 



Grapey and I are just chillin here at the Weeks household.

I learned an important lesson today. I am the glue that holds my household together. And if I fall apart, we all fall apart. I sent M to school today with a less than stellar lunch. I let her influence my decision making and I did not give her enough food and for sure not enough protein. After school today she threw herself on her bed and cried. Since she said she was fine and nothing bad happened at school, I realized it was low blood sugar. I gave her a smoothie, some hummus and crackers then suddenly she was back to her silly self like magic.

I feel her pain. I sometimes want to throw myself on my bed and cry, especially when I have spent the day hungry. Not only did I not plan M's lunch, I didn't really plan my lunch or our dinner. For lunch I had some pistachios, and fortunately I had made some hummus and cut up some veggies for emergencies so I had that too. We also had our default emergency dinner which is beans and rice. Which I supplemented with some sautéed kale. Well at least we did not end up with fast food.

I have been in a bit of a holding pattern because I am waiting on the new stove to be delivered and installed. So once that is resolved I will get my act back together.

Jazzercise this morning was super fun. It was also jam packed. My trick is to go up front. There is always more space up front and then all the people behind me can see how awesome I am. I hate to admit that I also like being in the front because there are lots of people who go to Jazzercise who have NO rhythm, they totally distract me from getting my grove on.

Since you read this all the way to the end you get a treat of the silly picture M took of me.


Hope your Monday was not too Monday-ish. Tomorrow may be challenging. so wish me luck!
- C

No comments:

Post a Comment