Monday, August 18, 2014

Day 13 - Not very exciting

The Short Version
1. Finally an easy drop off this morning at school.
2. Got to snuggle with my kiddo.
3. I think I have broken my night snacking habit.

So the kid is finally seeming to adjust to school drop off. I hope I am not jinxing it and I hope it goes as smoothly tomorrow as it did today.

I injured my toe yesterday more than I had realized. So I decided to rest it and loose one day to resting rather than work out today and hurt it more and loose a whole week or something. It is feeling much much better and I am sure I will be able to skate on it tomorrow.

Since I was resting my toe, kiddo and I watched a movie after school today. She and I snuggled and hung out. Most days after school she ditches me to go play with friends. So it was actually pretty nice to have her all to myself.

I think one way I gained all this weight that I need to loose is that I used to nibble at night, quiet a bit. I would watch TV and eat something and then something else and well you see the pattern. I think this was my worst habit. Over the past two weeks I have managed not to do this. It is a little weird but eating better has made me less hungry physically and mentally.

However I am having a new problem. With all my motivation dumped into eating well and exercising I am not feeling very creative. I am hoping it is just temporary but I have not felt like working on anything at all. Fortunately I have some client projects coming up. I am hoping they will spur me on to get back to some creative pursuits.

I feel like I am in a weird holding pattern waiting for something to happen. I have some volunteer projects coming up and soon it will be that time of year where everything feels like it is on fast forward. I am planning to have my new ways ingrained by then so that I will not have to think about them so hard.

Hope you had an ok Monday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment