Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Project ME Day One

Today is the first day of the rest of my life. We ALL know this, right? We ALL have this opportunity every single freakin day. And yet many of us just keep doing the same crap over and over, even when we claim that do not want to.

My LAST EVER before picture. 

Yesterday was my birthday. I turned 37.
Which is not terribly old, but I realized I feel old. And I do not want to feel that way. I also had a physical yesterday. I have a few health problems that are annoying and if not stopped could become bad. My take away from that doctor's visit is that I need to eat better and keep exercising.

So what does eating better mean? I have been inspired by a friend (who also happens to be fixing up my house). He was vegetarian and was pretty healthy and then he went vegan and got crazy pants healthy. I want to be crazy pants healthy. I want to be that woman that is so in shape she inspires you to be in better shape.

I have decided that writing will make me think about this project. The project of improving my health and becoming the me I want to be.

Here are my goals:
- Loose 82 pounds - yes I really do need to loose that much
- cut out most processed foods - especially those with more than a few simple ingredients
- cut out meat, dairy & eggs
- reduce the inflammation in my joints and feel my age rather than feeling old
- be active everyday - this means I at least go for a walk or do something even on my "resting" days
- write about this project every day and post a picture of myself every day

I am not just going to do this, I HAVE to do this. I MUST do this. I miss the fun, happy in shape me. She felt comfortable in her own skin. She was confident and could do anything. I miss being her and am ready to take her back! The only thing stopping me is me and I am done getting in my own way.

And I really do intend that picture to be my very last ever before picture. I am not quite ready to admit how much I weigh. But I think I will be once I get some of this "fluff" off and some muscle on!

The Short Version
Today I am proud that I walked 2 miles this morning!
I am not proud that I put butter on my oatmeal, that was a poor choice.
Tomorrow will be a challenge to get some activity in. I think I will have to squeeze in a walk before I go pick up the kid even if it is 96 as predicted.

Make good choices today!
Chrissy 

5 comments:

  1. Hey Chrissy congratulations! Getting started is definitely one of the hardest steps… I guess they're all hard LOL

    I am back counting calories like I did a few summers ago. I use a free iPhone app called MyFitnessPal. Among other things, it also gives you an estimate of how many calories you should eat in order to lose a certain amount of weight, in a certain amount of time. I am at 1600 week. That is supposed to make me lose 2 pounds every week. So far I have lost at least that…

    Apart from helping you to lose weight, the main benefit is that it really makes you think about what you're eating and how much each item is worth.

    So, I think you should give it a try. At the very least, you can use it to find out how many calories you should be eating lose 2 pounds a week, say. One neat trick is to tell if you want to maintain your current weight. When you do that it'll tell you how many calories you should eat to continue wait. That is an estimate the number of calories you can eating so far… I was at 3000!

    There is also pretty cool online community on their site, including message boards with inspiring stories, and advice… And, if you join their site we can become buddies :-)

    It is all completely free! And the app can also interface with other fitness apps on your phone, such as runkeeper, That can help you exercise with training plans etc.…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!!! Thanks for the support and advice! Glad to hear you are doing well. I will go check into this! HUGS - C

      Delete
    2. P.S. User name on fitness pal is cweeks404

      Delete
  2. I think Blogger ate my previous comment. Just wanted to say, 'Way to go!!' Also I am MamaCat71 on MFP if you want another buddy and am in the neighborhood if you want some company walking around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds great! Thanks! I am for sure planning to walk on Wednesdays. So if you ever have a free Wednesday let me know!

      Delete